J. Jeffrey Press
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Trust Planning
- Trust and estate litigation
- Special needs planning
- Asset Protection
- Durable powers of attorney
- Living wills and advance
- Medicaid planning
J. Jeffrey Press, a practicing attorney with more than thirty years experience, provides estate planning, trust planning, estate administration, estate and gift tax and estate and trust litigation services to clients in Essex, Morris, Passaic and Somerset Counties and throughout northern and central New Jersey. Mr. Press endeavors to provide quality legal services and individual attention to each client. His primary goal is to achieve the client's objective with estate planning techniques that minimize federal and state estate and inheritance taxes, permitting the maximum benefit for the client's beneficiaries.
Mr. Press counsels clients who require legal advice in the following areas:
Estate and gift planning and elder law employing trusts and wills.
Estate administration - assisting in the probate of estates, gathering of assets, payment of the decedent's debts, filing of federal and state estate and inheritance tax returns and the distribution of assets.
Trust and estate litigation including will contests, accountings, instructions, appointment and removal of executors, administrators and trustees.
Asset protection through the use of trusts, other types of entities, prenuptial agreements, etc.
Special needs planning for disabled beneficiaries.
Durable powers of attorney for the management of assets during life.
Living wills and advance directives to provide medical proxies and expressions of intent.
Our goal is to preserve the client's assets in the most effective and efficient manner through careful planning and the implementation of the strategies adopted.
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. - 1965
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- LL.B. - 1964
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance and Commerce, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.S. - 1961
- Major: Accounting
- Florida, 1965
- New Jersey, 1965
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Florida Bar association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member, Board of Consultors, 1989 to 1992
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor, Wills, Trusts and Probate Administration, Montclair State University
- Lecturer, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Lecturer, Professional Groups
- Lecturer, Miscellaneous Charitable and Civic Organizations
- Probate Phobia and Marketing of Living Trusts
- Benefit Plans Under Section 89 of the Internal Revenue Code: What Employers Must Do in 1989
- Estate Planning and Probate in New Jersey